Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Miss Connecticut Gala" June 18, 2010

What s fabulous way to kick off Miss Connecticut Week. The "Miss Connecticut Gala" was held at the Aqua Turf in Southington on Friday June 18th.


This Picture is of my sister queens, Gretchen Hahn (Miss Greater North Have), Amber Caron (Miss Nutmeg) and Casey DelBasso (Greater North Haven OT) We make a pretty good Team If I do Say So my self!




After the traditional Photo Session with Catherine Fiehn, Casey and I got down to some serious dinner!



As titleholders in "The Miss Connecticut Organization
" our state Issue of Concern is The Children's Miracle Network. This is Scott. He is our main contact for the hospital and organizes all of our activities with the children.

It was great to have him come out and wish us all good luck.



There was one very sad note to the evening, that being the announcement of the retirement of our Executive Director Luis Pabon. After many many years with this organization he will be stepping down after the pageant. I will miss him, but he promised that he would never be far from us.



This is My Grandmother. Many years ago she was the head banquet waitress at the Aqua Turf. I was so pleased that I could have her with me tonight, and she was actually able to reconnect with one or two of the people she use to work with! The night meant a lot to both of us.






And of course after an fantastic dinner, there was dancing. One of my Business Managers, Patrick Laffin and I looked pretty good out there!









It was a perfect evening of Good Food, Good Friends, and Fun. Everyone looks great, what an array of "Formal Wear"
Only 4 days left till we leave for the state pageant, one of us here tonight will be the new Miss Ct. and Miss Ct. Outstanding Teen....WOW!









No comments:

Post a Comment