Monday, June 7, 2010

C.C.M.C. March 27, 2010

Although this was actually Manual Distribution Day, it was also my first visit to the Connecticut Children's Medical Center in Hartford. What an incredible place!! While there we were given an opportunity to tour the facility and learn about the work that they do.



From the moment I walked in, I knew I was in a special place. All around there were hand painted murals and pictures done by the children.







Scott Organek was our guide and speaker for the day. He was wonderful.
I listened to him in awe as he spoke of different children and different cases. He spoke of research, cures, and miracles. We talked a lot about what we, as titleholders for the Miss Ct. Family and do to help. By the time I left there, I knew I would return over and over again. I love the children and can't wait to get closer to the whole organization.



One quick pictures of the teens together before we left. Many of our titleholder have already held fundraiser for C.C.M.C. Because mine was one of the last pageants held, I haven't gotten that far yet...BUT I WILL. I can't wait to do my part, But what do do? I want it to be fun and special, but I also want to present the "spirit" of the children there. In any event, seeing C.C.M.C. first hand was an amazing experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment