Sunday, November 28, 2010

Veteran Day Nov. 11, 2010


On Nov. 11th I was invited to participate in the Veteran's Day Ceremony in Bristol. I opened the program by singing the National Anthem. Later in the program I sang a medley of anthems of every branch of the armed forces. The Veteran's stood when they heard their song. The audience was full of emotion and I just knew that I had done a good job. "The greatest tribute we can give our Veterans is to remember them." This was my gift to them.

This is Sgt. 1st Class David Carello Jr. He was the Keynote Speaker today. It was the kind of speech that you just wanted to hear every word. When his young son asked him one day "daddy why did you fight in the war" his reply was simply "so you don't have to."




What an honor to have met this man. Ed Riccio, a Pearl Harbor Survivor! It's men like this, that makes the true meaning of Veteran's Day come alive. It was my pleasure to have been with all of you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment