Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Friends Of Maze" Food Drive Nov. 14, 2010

On Nov. 14, Michael Maze; a morning radio host; held his first annual "Friends of Maze" Food Drive to benefit the Connecticut Food Bank. Planet Fitness in East Haven donated space for this wonderful cause. I started collecting
donations two weeks prior to the drive from the dancers at my studio Reach For The Stars. I was proud of the many bags I was able to arrive with.
All afternoon the people came and went and it was evident very early that this drive was going to be a hugh success.


These little guys were the highlight of the whole day. They worked harder than anyone there. They never stopped. At one point they were running out into the parking lot grabbing the food when they saw people coming towards us! The little one next to me, Julian....I would have taken him home with me if I could have!



Through out the afternoon we loaded the food into the waiting trucks. And it didn't take long for them to fill up. All day the people were so generous and eager to help.






It was a great day. These are all the volunteers who came to help out. By the end of the day, between food and cash donations we collected enough to equal 11, 194 meals!!!! You just have to feel good about yourself. Again, my most sincere thanks to Michael for inviting me to be part of this wonderful event. See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment