Saturday, September 4, 2010

End of WWII 65th Anniversary celebration 9/2/2010


On Sept. 2nd, 2010, Mayor Dickinson from Wallingford invited me to attend a special commemoration program to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the END OF WWII. It was a beautiful night and the lawn of City Hall was absolutely filled with towns people and Veterans from all branches of the Military. I brought with me a small group of my fellow dancers from Reach For The Stars Academy of Dance in Terryville. Jennah, Alex, Alyssa & Ashley. They were amazing as they preformed "A Soldiers Silent Night" for the crowd.


Since I obviously could not dance with my group I opted instead to sing. I chose "Proud To Be An American" to honor not only the Veterans in attendance, but my own Grandfather who was a decorated hero in WWII. It was such a inspirational night, and really makes us remember why and how we are free.

Thank you so much Mayor Dickinson. It was my honor to be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment