Sunday, August 1, 2010

Miss Conn. O.T. Competiton June 24 - 26 2010


After 3 days of rehearsals, it was finally time to start the competition. Everyone was so excited. We had a great week being all together but now it was time to get down to business. The audience was beginning to arrive and the nerves were really starting to mount back stage!!

Dressed in our gorgeous Cherry Hill gowns, we performed a great dance number choreographed by Billy Griffin called "Fashionista" It was such a blast working with him and watching the whole thing come together.








For the Talent competition, I performed a tap dance to "The Sound of Silence," choreographed by Mary Marrone; my teacher, my sister and my friend. I felt super about my performance. All of my sounds, turns and arms were right on. I know my "Angel" was dancing with me.





Then is was on to the Evening Gown Competition. Yellow is my signature color and has always been lucky for me. The dress came from Ragtime in Watertown. Natalie spent so much time with me making sure that every detail was perfect. I felt wonderful as I stepped out onto the stage.








"On Stage Question" This is always tough. First I had to choose the name of a judge from the Gold Fish Bowl. That was the judge that would ask me my question. I answered to the best of my ability and without hesitation.



















And finally the announcement of the Top Ten. I had made it!! Unfortunately this is where the journey ended for me. But I was so happy with myself. I had worked hard and being among the top ten was such an honor.










A special hug from Jared. This was his first year as the Executive Director of North Haven / Hamden pageant. He was so very proud that all 4 of his "Crowns" had done so well.
























As the week came to an end, we were all so proud of our accomplishments. All 4 of us had made it into the top 10
There was a little sadness though. I have now aged out of the Teen Division and Amber has aged out of the Miss division. But we wish Gretchen and Casey lots of luck and love as they continue on. These 4 years of Teen Competition have help shaped me into the person I am. I have held 3 wonderful titles in these 4 years. That"s a lot of memories for me to carry in my heart. I am truly blessed and honored. I am on my way home now, and I will be the best "Greater Hamden's Outstanding Teen" that I can be for the remainder of my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment