Friday, August 6, 2010

MIRACLE TREAT DAY AUG. 5, 2010

Thursday Aug. 5th, 2010 was "Miracle Treat Day" at Dairy Queens all over the United States.
If you brought a Blizzard Treat on that day, you were helping sick and injured Children in your area.
For each treat sold on that day, Dairy Queen donated $1.00 or more to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. I was proud to participate to help miracles happen for the kids in need.



I traveled to 3 different locations. Here I am in Wallingford, with the Mayor William Dickenson, and the DQ owner Ron Sotere. Both were amazing people and we had a lot of fun


Hartford County's Outstanding Teen, Haylee Rochler met up with us in Wallingford and joined in with the "Blizzard Feast"


Ok, so we didn't spend the WHOLE day eating, we did meet up with a lot of folks, took pictures and spread the word about the wonderful work the Children's Miracle Network does.


In Hamden, My sister queen, Casey DelBasso who is North Haven's Outstanding Teen, joined me. We had to dodge a lot of Thunder, lighting and rain, but we stuck it out.
And before the day was over, we also visited the DQ Grille & Chill in North Haven as well. It was such a fun day, especially since we knew we were spreading the work about the Children"s Hospital. Several Months ago, I had a opportunity to actually tour the hospital in Hartford. It was such an amazing experience. My own nephew spent some time there last year, let me tell you, it is so comforting to know that a place like this exists. On Friday Sept. 3rd, I will be manning the phones for their annual fundraising radiothon and I am really looking forward to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment